Curious about my travel bucket list?
As you may already know, I LOVE TRAVELLING! In fact, I love being on the move so much that I really consider the idea of living in a mid-size van some day. Something like this:
Yeah, I know it sounds absolutely crazy, but I’ve had this thought in my mind for some time now, and the more I think about it, the more I wanna do it. I know it’s definitely not easy, and I know that this lifestyle is not for everybody, but there are a lot of people out there doing it, and it certainly looks awesome. I mean think about it. Being able to travel all over Europe not having to pay for hotels and motels and all that stuff. Having your own bed everywhere you go, and being able to park wherever (if the van is stealthy enough), it’s just so convenient! Want to explore downtown Paris? You don’t need to spend a few hundred euros for a couple of nights, you just need a free parking spot. That’s it!
I was born in Europe. I truly believe that we Europeans are spoiled when it comes to travelling. We have so many beautiful places around here, it’s such a shame that a lot of us don’t get the chance to travel as much as we would want. Anyway. Here are my top destinations that I would like to go to sometime in the future:
1. The northern lights – Somewhere in the northern regions of Norway or Sweden or Finland. I’ve heard that after seeing them for the first time, you remain absolutely speechless, so I’m really pumped for that.
2. Iceland – This goes hand in hand with the first one, but there are SO many other things to see on the island, that you need years to fully explore. A lot of lakes, rivers, mountains, waterfalls, geysers, geothermal pools and so many more. It’s just a great destination to go to.
3. The Matterhorn, Switzerland – This a is very iconic mountain in Europe; it certainly is the most admired peak on this continent, and for good reason. It’s pyramidal shape is so unique and beautiful. Of course, I don’t mean to climb it, just to admire it from a safe distance. Preferably from the pristine resort of Zermatt. 🙂 . Fun-fact: This peak is the logo of Tomblerone chocolate.
4. The Acropolis, Athens, Greece – It’s impossible to talk about travelling in Europe, and not to talk about the Acropolis. For me, to be able to walk into a thousand years building is just incredible.
5. Oia, Santorini, Greece – Here comes Greece again with the iconic village of Oia and its pure white houses. I think that this place is so incredibly beautiful. I truly believe that this is a place you have to visit before you die.
6. Rome, Italy – Rome doesn’t need any presentations. The Italian capital is packed full of history and photo material. Places like The Colosseum, The Sistine Chapel or The Pantheon are great examples of how advanced the Romans really were 2000 years ago.
7. Venice, Italy – Again, another well known place in Europe when it comes to travelling. Some people say that Venice is the most beautiful city in Europe, but hey. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, so I want to see for myself 😀
8. Cabo da Roca, Portugal – The westernmost point in continental Europe. Because why not? 😀
9. Paris, France – It was obvious that Paris was going to be in this list. And it’s really hard not to include it. So many beautiful buildings like The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre Museum, The Notre-Dame Cathedral and many many many more. Paris is another place that you really have to see before you die.
So there you have it. These are the places that I would really like to go and explore someday. Whether or not I will actually accomplish that, remains to be seen. But travelling being high on my goals list, it has a big potential to happen. Of course there are a lot of other incredible places here in Europe, this is just a list of my favorite ones. When travelling it’s all about the journey, not the destinations.
Where would you like to go, and why? 😀